All Things Shipping | Tel 1300 793070
Postage & Delivery Costs - How Does it Work at Sprout?
Sprout offers Free Delivery to Australian addresses for orders over $149.00. Orders under $149.00 are at a flat-rate of $9.95 per order. This takes away the guessing for everyone. 99% of orders are sent with Australia Post but if you require an alternative method (eg. remote), please call Sprout on 1300 793070 prior to ordering as I am limited with freight options myself.
Sprout ships to Australian addresses only. No International shipping. Sprouting seeds and some wheatgrass kits cannot be sent to Western Australia. This is a state law.
So, simply put:
It is free delivery Australia-Wide for orders over $149.00
It is a flat-rate $9.95 for all other orders under $149.00
No overseas shipping. Australia only.
Shipping & Delivery
• Sprout endeavours to process and ship your order as soon as possible. Although very rarely, during busy times this may be up to 48-72 hours after payment is received.
• Depending on the nature of your order, it may be necessary to split your order. Some items may be shipped to you directly from the distributor. If you have an incomplete order arrive, please don't stress. The parcels have probably been split up and you can track them via your account or shoot me a quick email to find out.
• Sprout is sometimes at the mercy of importers and distributors, Australia Post and Couriers.
• General rule of thumb - if you live in any of the major city areas, your order should take 2-5 days business days. Regional and country areas may take longer. Once your order is shipped by Sprout, delivery could take up to 10 business days. You can track your order via 'Your Account' or via the tracking number provided with each order. You will receive an email titled "Your Order Is On Its Way" - this email will contain tracking details. Please read it.
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY: all products/orders of higher value will require a signature on delivery. Sometimes, it may be worth putting your work address as the delivery point. If you have an issue with someone from the courier/postal service who delivered your order (eg. dumped over the fence, no signature requested), then please feel free to let me know. I would strongly recommend contacting your local Post Office to report any inappropriate actions from their delivery driver. We need to let them know if their service is rubbish.
Orders "Returned To Sender" due to customer non-pick up will attract a re-send fee equivalent to the original shipping cost. This includes any products with Free Delivery throughout the site. The Free Delivery only includes the original delivery cost and not any subsequent cost. This is obviously not the case if an error in delivery was the fault of Sprout.
My Order Hasn't Arrived
• Firstly, please check your Account here at Sprout as the relevant information is easily accessible that way.
• If you purchased as a one-off and didn't register an account with Sprout, you can send me an email with your Order number to find out what's happened and who it was sent with.
• If your order was sent with Australia Post (you can find this out by logging into your account or read the "Your Order Is On Its Way" email) it is advised to then double-check with your local Post Office to see if it isn't waiting there for you to pick-up. Calling cards are not always left by drivers.
Most problems seem serious at the start but when everything is considered, they really aren't all that serious. Your order will always get to you whether it involves re-sending or tracking down but please understand that I don't have control over another individual's actions (or lack of) when they are located hundreds or thousands of kilometres away. This includes Australia Post employees and contractors and private courier drivers.
Returns & Replacements
Sprout is a very small business and is happy to offer a flexible approach to Returns & Replacements. Each case will be best dealt with on an individual basis but within the following framework:
1. Incorrect selection by Customer: Sprout will provide a refund, exchange or store credit once the item/s are returned in the original, undamaged packaging within 14-days of being received by the customer. The original shipping cost incurred to send you your item/s will not be refunded (this includes Free Delivery items as a cost was incurred for shipping). Return shipping to Sprout is at the customer's expense and must be sent as "Registered" or "Receipted Delivery". Returns must be authorised by Sprout prior to you sending. Please Email Sprout Here. All returned products must be unused and in a new condition including the accompanying boxes/packaging. No refunds or store credit will be provided for simple change of mind.
2. Product/s Arrive Damaged or "Dead on Arrival": If a write-off, customer is asked to return the product to base (may vary depending on product). Postage costs for this leg will also be refunded or credited to the customer. If rectifying the product requires a replacement component, a new one will be sent at no additional cost. (eg. replace a broken tray on a Biosnacky Sprouter or a collection jug for a juicer). Please email a couple of photos of the damage to ensure the correct part/item is replaced. Sprout must be notified of damaged goods within 3 business days of receipt of your order.
3. Customer receives incorrect item/s and it is clearly different to your original order, an exchange and replacement will be happily provided. Because it's my mistake, the cost of returning the incorrect item back to Sprout will be refunded or provided to the equivalent value of goods that can be included with the correct item when it is sent to you. Your choice!
4. Sprout will not accept returns or exchanges on sprouting seeds, CD's or DVD's or Food Stuffs. Sprout will not accept return of goods which have been opened or used in any way. Lastly, Sprout will not accept the return and refund of goods just because you have 'found them cheaper somewhere else' after your purchase.
5. Returned products must not have writing, address labels or stamps affixed directly to the outside retail box. Please wrap or box-up and address accordingly.